Monday, March 03, 2014

White Bean, Sausage, and Kale soup

We tried the White Bean, Sausage, and Kale soup tonight. (I realize it was supposed to come later in the week, but with all this snow, Cassie and I thought soup sounded perfect!) It was good. Different for us. But I enjoyed it. Kevin didn't mind it either, he had three bowls :)

I am not sure we will have it again.

It was weird, the sausage, fully cooked before we put it in the soup, came out pink after 6 hours in the crock pot! It tasted yummy. But it looked weird. I have never made soup with sausage in it that turned pink before.

Any ideas on why that happened?

(BTW, I am stuck on oxford commas. So sue me! haha)

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure about the sausage but it sounds really good. I've made a soup with potatoes kale and sausage. But I've been into beans lately so yours sounds better.

    ReplyDelete