Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Who are the real haters right now?

Have you ever been to a "gay pride" event? I haven't. I don't care if they have them, as long as they aren't on my property or anything. But I've never been to one because it's not my thing.

Have you ever been to a gun event? I haven't. I don't care if they have them, as long as they aren't on my property or anything. But I've never been to one because it's not my thing. 


Now. 

Look at those two statements.  

I believe they are both fair. 

However, if someone in the media were to ask someone famous why the first one wasn't his or her thing, and the answer was "because I don't choose to support the homosexual lifestyle because I think it's wrong." They'd be blasted. 

If the second statement was explained the same way, "I don't choose to support the gun-owning lifestyle, it is wrong"... there'd be no blasting. There would be lauding. People cry out that guns are wrong all the time. The media supports this in a big way. 

Famous people are not fired because they say "owning guns is wrong". It just wouldn't happen. It would be wrong if it did. 

Now, if said famous person said something hateful about homosexuals or gun owners, I hope they'd be fired. 

Compare these two statements:

I think homosexuality is a BIG sin. 

I think someone needs to $h!t in a gun-owners mouth. 


Which is hateful? 

If someone is asked in an interview what they think is sin and they answered, then those who are doing what he said was sin could understandably be very offended. They could cause an uproar. That's completely understandable. 

Calling him a liar, homophobe, ignorant. 

That's hateful. 

He was not guilty of any hate. Those who are proposing hateful things, and calling him hateful names are guilty of hate. Those who are guilty of the hate, need called out. This time it's the LBGT community and supporters. (Most of the media)

Phil Robertson, was guilty of nothing but pride in his opinions. And since the gay people have so much pride in their lifestyle, you'd think they'd be ok with that. 

So he's anti homosexual. That's a fact Jack. :) He's not homophobic. That word is tossed around by the LBGT community and their fawning media so much. I guess they think they have a right to be mean and say mean things now. Because people have said mean things about them before? Idk...

If I call you anti gun, I'm stating a fact. Of course there is no mean word for anti-gun people. Because most gun owners respect that others may not be into that lifestyle. Hmmmmm.  

Haters have not won this battle tho. Phil is more popular than ever. Most people saw that he was guilty of nothing but pride. 

Personal choices 

I personally can disagree with someone and still respect them. 

I have homosexual relatives and friends. I love them. I have public schooling family and friends. I love them. I have pro alcohol family and friends. I love them. I have divorced family and friends. I love them. 

Some of those I consider "just fine" lifestyle choices. Some I consider sins. I, of course, am judging them all to be wrong - for me. (Tho I do sin, which means I do things sometimes that I think is sin) That doesn't mean I hate people who choose them. Although I would assume they know by my life that I disagree with their choices. I personally try not to be prideful. I've been on the receiving end of that, so I understand how it hurts people to be told they're wrong, and that their choices are sins. 

However, I also believe God will judge the prideful as well. (I could read you the bible verses, but I'll let you look it up) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment