Monday, April 08, 2013

What are 5 passions you have?

Well, passions, since you are usually hard core about them (well I know I am!), can make you come off as being brutal on people who may have chosen a different option, so I want to start out by saying that while I am passionate about these items, I am not saying that I would ever try to force people to believe or act the way I do. And I expect the same from others as well! :)

(One sweet contented nursling) :)

1. Breastfeeding. If you can do it for a week, or however long you are comfortable, you are giving your baby the best start healthwise and for bonding, nothing beats it. Like I said, this does not mean I think formula/bottles are evil, but they are definitely not as good as breastfeeding for the health benefits. And sometimes you just cannot nurse, so it is good to have other options.  I nursed all my kids, Kela only 7 months, then went to formula/bottles. I nearly immediately wished I would have tried to do it longer. So I nursed Cassie almost a year, the age you are "supposed" to nurse til. Well, I felt the same feeling, "I wish I had done it longer" so Faithy was 16 months. She got sick and became allergic to milk as soon as I stopped nursing; so I nursed Raechel til she was 20 months. That was perfect. Now I cannot get Tanner who is almost 2 years old to stop!! LOL It's ok, he will wean when he is ready :)

2. Home Schooling. I have not always homeschooled my kids. We tried the public schools. It did not fit with my lifestyle!! I hated taking my children to school and then going home without them to do whatever. Especially when Faithy was in Kindergarten, it was soo rough. It was just me and my baby at home, but I cried every morning dropping her off. They only went one more year after that.

3. Liberty. I think liberty is sadly lacking in our country anymore. I cringe when I hear people call it the land of the free. It hasn't been for quite some time. When we have the largest population of incarcerated IN THE WORLD, we are NOT free! There are Amish Farmers in federal prison for selling fresh milk. WHAT THE HECK?? I would love to see liberty minded politicians like Ron Paul (he is my hero, he really opened my eyes) in the congress and white house. I think we could still save our once glorious country. As it is going now, it is going down and won't be our America much longer. :(

4. Real food. I know I need to lose weight, and I am definitely kinda a hypocrite when it comes to this one, but I would love to get my family eating only whole real unprocessed foods. I am talking like uncooked milk, fruits and veggies that aren't covered in or grown with chemicals, grains that are not overly processed or altered, meat we do good on...we raise our own for the most part. But we all need more water in our diets as well. It is something I am working on!!

5. Church and God. I love God and his church. I do not miss worship services or bible classes unless I am sick or one of my kids are. Even if I don't agree with every word that comes out of the mouths of those leading the services, I still agree with the ideas they get from the bible on the most part. The name of the church is important to me. I cannot go to any church that does not have Christ in it's name. I think it is disrespectful to God and Jesus. The church is his Bride, and therefore out of respect it should have his name. I choose to go to church because I believe the bible when it says that God is going to take us all to heaven to be together with him when the Earth is through. I try my best to live as I see in the bible that God wants me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment