Sunday, April 21, 2013

Describe your relationship with your parents.



I love my parents and respect them greatly. They are active caring Christians.

They are also my neighbors :)

They are great neighbors, sometimes a little too helpful in Kevin's estimation :)

But they are awesome. They are hard workers, and I admire that.

We have never had any real "rocky" moments when I was growing up, although my dad didn't really appreciate me getting married..at the time! It was just a bit rough on him, I think. I understand now that I have kids of my own! He likes Kevin, they get along well.

My mom is one of my best friends. We don't see each other or talk much, since we are both busy. Most people think we are into each other's business all the time, but we are really not. My mom is a helpful person, and she is always trying to find ways to help (anyone, not just me!) so she just latches on to ideas of how to help when a chance to comes up.

Kevin does not appreciate this. I don't mind it anymore. I never did mind, except for how it made Kevin feel. I think he has always felt like she thought he wasn't doing a good enough job with things and felt the need to take over. But I know for ceetain that is not true. She admires Kevin. I have figured out it is just a big part of her personality. She is HELPFUL by nature, and she cannot help it! Sometimes I just have to tell her to Stop! She is getting better as she gets older (maybe because she's not able to do quite as much? lol) :)

I think we have a good relationship, and I love and appreciate my parents more and more as I get older, and wish I had been nicer as a teen! lol

2 comments:

  1. My mom is one of my bffs too. I think it's too bad that when someone tries to help people can take that as being nosy or invasive. I don't see anything wrong with people being in each other's business... to a point :) We all need help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It is not like my mom ever tries to be mean or anything. She is extremely helpful :)

    ReplyDelete