Saturday, April 20, 2013

Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.

Well I did that a lot in my random comments, but obviously I have a lot more. haha

1. One of my very first memories is of my dad and I watching cartoons on our couch in the old house on Winding Road. I remember sitting on his casted leg, and laying on his chest. I had to be about 1, maybe 2? Because he broke his leg when I was very young and had the cast on for about a year. (He had fallen into a crusher at The Viscose, the plant where he worked, it definitely crushed his leg!)

Sun was pouring into the room and I was very comfortable and happy. Have you ever seen While You Were Sleeping where at the beginning she says "I don't remember it being this orange." ??? Well that struck me because in this memory it was very orange in the room from the sunshine :)

It is a great memory :)

2. I remember feeling inadequate at times as a child. Not a lot, just a few times. One time I remember very distinctly I was told to sweep at my Grandma's house and I was running the sweeper in front of her television. My aunt Linda was there, I don't know if Grandma had just had a surgery or was sick or something, but... My mom came over and took the sweeper (that's a vacuum for all you non-hick folks) because I wasn't doing it right. Coming from my point of view now, I know she didn't mean to hurt my feelings, but it really did. I felt like a failure. I really truly never could do anything to keep up with my mom and grandma in the cleaning department. I think that one time was really significant in my house cleaning "problem" :-p

3. I am sitting here trying to think of a significant memory about my Aunt Linda. They are all good. :) Only one coming to my tired brain is when Laura peed the bed, top bunk, where we had both been sleeping. I was totally grossed out when I figured out what had happened, but it took me a while cuz Linda didn't tell me, but she thought it was awful funny and laughed and laughed :) I was at her house a LOT as a child!! :)

1 comment:

  1. You have such a good memory! I don't remember anything when I was only 1 or 2.

    ReplyDelete