Tuesday, March 22, 2011

There's work and then there's work...

My working days as a waitress are coming to an end. While I am sad to be leaving all my friends at work, I do have to say I will be glad to not be on my feet for 34-40 hours a week any more!

Did I tell you about my surprise baby shower?

It was hysterical :)

I had absolutely NO CLUE the girls (at work) were planning it! They had told me that one of the other girls' son would be having a birthday party and I would be helping one of the other waitresses work the party. And then that other waitress, she took me to the back to help her decorate the cake... well basically: I decorated the cake and then started cleaning up and then she told me I had a phone call, at which I got so worried (cuz I hadnt got any calls on my phone at all!) and started directly for the phone at the front of the restaurant...all this time the girls had been madly decorating the back banquet room and I passed RIGHT BY the decorations and people in my concern to get to that phone! LOL!

So they turned me around and I saw my kids and I was thinking "Why are my kids at her son's party???" and then I saw my cake I had just decorated with some added baby boy stuff on it, and my mom standing there taking all kinds of pictures and all my co-workers laughing at me! hahaha

It took a whole minute I think for it to sink in, really! LOL!

I have never said I was very bright ;)

Anyhow, it was SUCH a lovely surprise and my friends got Tanner all kinds of ADORABLE stuff!!!

I have such wonderful friends <3 They all lost their bets tho, cuz they had all bet that I would start bawling seconds in, and I was so surprised I just couldn't quit smiling! Altho one point when my girls came over to me (They had kept the secret too!! LOL) and hugged me I nearly did burst into tears... LOL

So you see? Who could blame me for being sad at not working with those lovely girls anymore? But in reality, my real work has always been at home, and believe me, my absence has created a lot of extra work to get done around here!! :) I will be very happy to get back to my "real job" and I can always go down and eat and visit with my work friends :) :) :)

2 comments:

  1. You passed right by your own baby shower...imagine the 'surprised' look on your co~workers faces!!! Heeehehehe!!!

    It's great that you worked with a super group of friends but I know you happy to be home with your kiddos!

    I'm glad to hear from you and that you are doin' well. 'Can't wait to see that precious baby boy welcomed into the world. He'll be spoiled...your girls will see to that! :o)

    Take care, God bless and enjoy every moment of this beautiful Spring day sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! What a sweet surprise!

    ReplyDelete