Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I am alive, I promise

I have been contemplating what to post on ye olde blawg, but since I am on facebook so much I generally just share my thoughts there.

Not that my thoughts are in any way more interesting there than here, but it is always on... ya know? :-p

Anyhow...

The Summer of Homemade is coming to a close and we have done awesome. The girls were great. They haven't managed to get on their blogs to post their menus any better than I have though :-p

I may have them start their blogs back up for some creative writing this year.

We are all prepared for school, other than figuring out the actual schedule :)

The kids are actually excited about Math this year with their Life of Fred books. They really enjoyed them last year :)

We are not starting school work til we are mostly finished with the barn, though. Oh yes, btw we started our barn!! YAY :)

To watch our progress you can feel free to "like" our farm on facebook!

CLICK HERE, AND THEN CLICK LIKE - TO LIKE US

Thanks for your support.

So what have you all thought about this here Egg Recall?

It sure does make me grateful for farm fresh eggs, I can tell you that! Whew. It makes me want to get my own chickens even more though. :-p Right now we get our eggs from Mommy, and I cannot wait to get my own chickies!!! :D

After the barn is done, we are gonna hopefully rig us up a chicken run! WOOT :D

On the goatie front, I am fairly sure several of the goaties are now pregnant! :D

Time will tell, but it seems likely we will have us some baby kids running about before too long! SQUEEEEE! :D

K. That's it for me. How 'bout y'all? :D

5 comments:

  1. Woohoo! New barn, baby goaties and a chicken run....does life really get any better???

    It's good to hear from ya girl!

    God bless and have an incredible week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. blawg. ROTFLOL! You're so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are blogging again, I was starting to miss it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering why you hadn't blogged in so long and then I realized that I somehow forgot to add your blog to my blogroll when I redid it a few weeks ago, lol!

    Yeah, that egg recall is pretty gross. I wish we had a farm because I think the state of our food system is really sad. I almost wish I hadn't watched "Food, Inc." Ignorance is bliss when you can't do much to change things. I mean, who can afford to buy only organic, local foods?

    Ugh. I have to live vicariously through your family :) You should definitely get chickens!! Aren't they supposed to be pretty easy to care for?

    ReplyDelete