Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Take a little trip

Kevin and I went out to Seneca rocks, Dolly Sods, Spruce Knob, and Blackwater Falls to celebrate our 17th anniversary (coming up, June 5th :))

We had fun :)

Kevin is fun to camp with, he does all the work ;)

Really. He does. lol

Anyhow, here is a link to the pics:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=79579&id=1570339579&l=da24820773

I haven't uploaded the Blackwater Falls ones yet.

We weren;t going to go to Blackater, but on Tuesday afternoon, a TERRIBLE thunder storm started! Kevin and both agreed we didn't wanna stay there if it was gonna pour the rain and lightening all night. So we packed up and left thinking we could try Blackwater Falls, and possibly stay in a motel there.

Well, no sooner'n we got down all 241 (I think that is how many it said) steps to the falls, the sky broke open on us!

By the time we got back up to the car we were SOAKED to the skin! I had run out of clean clothes (cuz I went swimming, and hadn't really planned on it) so I wore Kevin's gym shorts and his hoodie.

Well then, we decided we wanted to go see amovie at Bridgeport instead of going home, so we went to Target and I got a pair of shorts and my own hoodie, because Kevin said he didnt wanna be seen with me looking like a boy ;) hahaha

So we went to see Iron Man 2, great movie :)

Before that we had stopped at Canaan Valley and ate at a place where we;d been when we took our ski trip there several years ago.

It was nice.

So, we had a nice adventurous weekend trip, and I am glad to be home.

Now the girls and I are going to be helping my mom get ready for her huge yard sale :) The girls already have been helping. :)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good time. I am glad you two got away and had some time to yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 17 years. That is wonderful. And it sounds like you had a great time and made some excellent memories. Happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to see IM2 last weekend, too. We liked it a lot.

    What a fun time together! I'm glad you got to get away. And isn't camping fun with someone who does all the chores? :D

    ReplyDelete