Monday, April 05, 2010

Menu

Monday - Hamburger Stroganoff and mashed potatoes

Tuesday - Pork chops, mashed potatoes, corn

Wednesday - Pasta, broccoli, chicken Alfredo

Thursday - Grilled Chicken over Spinach (recipe below)

Friday - Baked tilapia, beans and spinach (recipe below)

Saturday - BBQ chicken sandwiches

Recipes for the new stuff I am trying. I got these from Taste of Home magazines :)

Grilled chicken over Spinach

1 to 2 TBS olive Oil
1 TBS Cider Vinegar
1 Garlic Clove minced
1 tsp dried Thyme
1/2 tsp dried Oregano
1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp Salt
dash of Pepper

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
------------------------------------

Sauted spinach

1 green onion finely chopped
1 to 2 garlic cloves minced
1 to 2 TBS Olive Oil
Half pound fresh mushrooms sliced
1 package fresh spinach torn (10 oz)

In a bowl combine first 8 ingredients. Mix well, pour over chicken. Grill uncovered over medium heat for 7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.

In a large skillet saute onion and garlic in oil for one minute, stir in mushrooms, saute for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add spinach, saute for 2 minutes or until wilted. Transfer to a serving platter and top with chicken. 4 servings.

Now I haven't tried this yet, I am trying it tomorrow. I will cut down the oils, cuz I never use that much oil. I also haven't tried this side dish yet either :)

Beans and Spinach (Friday's side dish above)
4 garlic cloves, sliced
2 TBS olive oil
2 large onions chopped
1 lb fresh baby spinach
1 can white cannellini beans
1/2 cup white whine or reduced-sodium chicken broth (I will ue the broth)
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

In large non stick skillet, saute garlic in oil til tender. Remove garlic and discard. Add onions to pan, saute til crisp-tender.

Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Serve with slotted spoon.

===================================================

Since I really need to start back watching what I eat (I have literally gained back half the weight I lost last year.) I am also going to list some secondary meal (our supper, most other people's lunch) and breakfast ideas too.

Breakfast:
yogurt
fruit
oatmeal
eggs


Other meal:
deli meat sandwiches
egg salad (with light mayo, relish, and two hard boiled eggs) sandwiches
Bean salads (recipes to come)
Salad
LEFTOVERS!!!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a particularly yummy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good week to hang around your place....about mealtime? Heehehehe!

    Have a blessed day, sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've really got to get back to menu planning! I've been taking the lazy way out lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I come for dinner......please?

    ReplyDelete