Friday, February 19, 2010

Well, I spoke to my vet's office about the goaties

She said that he (the vet) wanted me to give them all three LA200, which is long acting penicillin; today, and then in 4 days, and then again in 8 days.

Apparently they have:

low glucose
high billiruben
high lymphocytes
high white blood cells

The last two show a possible infection, which is obvious to me. The other two? I have no clue.

But, he didn't say WHAT would cause these things, or to do anything but give them the antibiotics for the 8 days. She also said he didn't think it was anything to worry about....

So.

I feel like I got NOTHIN'...

But I will give them the antibiotics, and then just keep hoping for the best, like I have been.

No word yet from the necropsy on Patches...

So I feel like I am going no-where fast with my goaties :(

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how helpless you feel spinnin' your wheels with no real answers to why this is happening. I will pray for answers for you and that a treatment can be given to prevent this from happening again.

    I can tell from your post how much you love your little goaties and how very much you want to milk them.

    Have a good day and a wonderfully blessed weekend sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((hugs))) sorry the tests are kinda non-conclusive. I am praying the Lord will give you wisdom, Lawanda.

    ReplyDelete