Monday, January 18, 2010

Menu and thanks

Thank you all for reading my previous post and for your ever so kind comments.

I have had a rough weekend, and actually the previous week was already not a picnic... but I appreciate the opportunity afforded me to get things off my chest and for actual people who listen and encourage me!

Sometimes I feel like the internet is a curse, because I do have issues with overuse of it :) ~~cough*facebook*cough~~ haha

But I am so glad for it, just for the simple fact of all the wonderful friends I have made online!!

Thank you my sweet internet friends for being here for me!!

Now. New business :)

I am looking forward to my little Jackson coming to me! I am talking to that vet again tomorrow, and hoping to get some answers as to whether he thinks my other animals are in danger of having this problem, or possibly carriers of this problem (like, I was hoping it was not a genetic problem, since I really want to breed and milk Bella and Alice. However, they came from the same farm as Hope and Lydia, and they were all related, even if it was somewhat distantly, so if it is hereditary in some way, I will not be breeding them!)

So, I am trying to be positive. I am BELIEVING that I will have milk goats someday soon, and hopefully my BELIEF will carry me to the actual HAVING (and milking) of them! :)

And I have a menu plan!! My menu plan helps me so much with my food issues! haha

Monday - Hot Dogs (because, hey! I have 10 kids here today!)

Tuesday - Shrimp scampi with broccoli and pasta

Wednesday - Pork Chops, mashed potatoes and corn

Thursday - Chili and cornbread (this has been requested by Cassie for a couple weeks and I kept forgetting about it! Oops! lol)

Friday - Pancakes and sausage :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm doin' the two day chili thing today! Yes, we have a great support system here on the web. The biggest surprise about blogging was the friendships made here online.

    God bless your little goat heard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, dear friend. What a tough thing, to work so hard and love them so much, and then they don't thrive.

    I need to get in the menu habit. It would save a ton of panic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pot of chili on my stove right now! The rest of your menu sounds yummy, too.

    ReplyDelete