Sunday, November 08, 2009

Project: EGTOREFRMD

otherwise known as "Project: Everyone Gets Their Own Room Except Faith and Raechel and Mommy and Daddy"!

Has begun.

And I don't like it.

Not one bit.

All I can say is I am glad I get to keep my roommate!! haha

Ok, that is not all I can say.

I can also say that I have been getting tears all day, at random times, even actually sniffling, and possibly (though I won't admit it) even actually crying.

BECAUSE

The room next to mine - the one where all my babies slept as babies, where I rocked them to sleep, where they played with little baby toys, the room where I stood over my sweet babies and watched them as they breathed and dreamed their sweet little girl dreams - this room is now an office.

I am typing this post in the new office right now.

I am NOT crying. Well, not much.

Kevin has been laughing at me all day every time he caught me at it. (crying that is) haha

I know it is sappy of me, but I cannot help it.

I do not know why ANYONE would want to sleep in a cold, dark basement, anyhow.

But that is where the oldest two girls insist on moving to.

Kela is getting the old office, Cassie the old guest room, and we are converting the back part of the main room down there into a new guest room. Faithy is not moving except up to the top bunk in her room, and Raechel will now get the bottom bunk in that room.

It has been a major job to rearrange rooms. And is not finished, not by a long shot. I think it will take several weeks to months to actually get the rooms finished. Especially as the girls are very pumped-up about decorating their new rooms. :)

But for tonight we are aiming for the basic goal of getting the clothing and beds all sorted and that way everyone can sleep in their new rooms tonight :)

I think I need prayers to get through this. Thank you. :) (Goodness, I will really be a wreck when they actually move out of the house, huh?!?!)

2 comments:

  1. What fun, musical rooms. It all sounds like a great plan for everyone. I can remember wanting to move to a cold (hot) upstairs bedroom as a tween gal. It just made me feel sooo grown up to be that far away from my parents room. I didn't move from that room until collage then marriage. I can't wait to see how you are going to decorate the new spaces!!!

    Have a wonderfully blessed week knowing my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you poor mama! I know just how you feel. I am still getting used to not having the kids in the dining room right near us. You'd think I'd enjoy having more freedome inthe evenings, but I don't like having them sleep all the way down the hall again.

    But you might just like not having the office in the basement. It does sound kind of nice! :)

    ReplyDelete