Sunday, November 01, 2009

The inevitable boring book blog post

I like to read, ok!


So. I reread the Martian Chronicles the other day. And I think Ray Bradbury had a fantastic mind for the future. He wrote that book in 1949!! It amazes me. I always did like that one the best of all his books. I have also got Fahrenheit 451 to reread. It's good too.

In addition to those very good sci-fi books, I've also got some Mark Twain on my shelf to read. A Connecticut Yankee in King Arther's Court, Adventures of Tom Sawyer, and Huck Finn's adventures - on CD. Did you realize that A Connecticut Yankee is a HUGE book? I did not. I must have just read an excerpt as a child, cuz I know I remember that story, but I never read the huge book....

Anyhow, along with all my fake, I also got some real.

British History!!

Oxford's The Kings and Queens of Britain.

It rocks to finally figure out where all their kooky crazy royalty came from! ;) It talks about Robert Bruce and William Wallace (Braveheart), The Black Prince (A Knight's Tale), Richard the Lion Heart and John (Robin Hood, Ivanhoe)... I loved all these stories, but never did quite understand where they all fit in the historical sense :) Now I am getting a better picture of it all.

I am not finished with it yet, but I am really enjoying it. :)

Are you happy to have visited my boring old self today? ;)

We are starting to entertain thoughts of several projects, so I am sure I shall bore you all with tales of work and woe soon!! ;)

5 comments:

  1. Those all sound wonderful! I haven't read Bradbury; I need to get on that.

    Right now I am swimming through Marlowe's Dr. Faustus. It chills the blood, I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I,for one, am VERY happy to have visited your (notatall)boring old self. I *heart* to read and I *heart* to read about what others are reading and enjoying. It makes my "to-read" list waaayyy to long but that's ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn, I have started to read those to my Bear and he loves them too. I am going to look into the Kings and Queens of Britian. That sounds interesting.
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you like fantasy books? If so, have you ever read The Chronicles of Amber? I'm not that fond of fantasy but that is one set of books that I thoroughly enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Fahrenheit 451. I always enjoy your book reviews and never find them boring!

    Have a super fun filled day!

    God bless

    ReplyDelete