Friday, August 21, 2009

Bits of sense from Anne's life, to share my excitement about school

“There are lots of things that never go by rule,
There’s a powerful pile o’ knowledge
That you never get at college,
There are heaps of things you never learn at school.”

“Experience teaches sense. You can’t learn it in a college course. You’ve been to college four years and I never was, but I know heaps more than you do, young ladies.”
-Aunt Jamesina, in Anne of the Island

“All life lessons are not learned at college. Life teaches them everywhere.”
-Anne in Anne of the Island


"Some people go through life trying to find out what the world holds for them only to find out too late that it's what they bring to the world that really counts."

I love Anne. :)

I start reading it, and I want to continue to the end of Rilla. haha

I found a few of these Anne quotes online. They make me even more excited about homeschooling :)

5 comments:

  1. I've Always loved the Anne books and the Story Girl books, but I've never been fond of Emily or Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not overly fond of Emily or Pat, either. Kilmeny was sweet though :) And I love the single books! A Tangled Web and The Blue Castle are some of my favorite books of all time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so in love with the Anne books. I have just decided that I am going to start reading them again! Thanky you.
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit, it wil be nice to establish a routine of some soort again. And I am jazzed to start with our new Language Arts curriculum!

    ReplyDelete