Saturday, May 23, 2009

What would you have done?

Ok - here's the scenario:

We are driving home from walmart this evening and as we are going up the hill past Hollywood video we are all chit-chatting about the movies we'd like to rent next. When all of the sudden ---- This car in front of us runs over a little dog's leg!

The poor little dog, he was screaming, I tell you.

I saw the WHOLE thing, and it was terrible :(

It was a total accident. The little doggie ran right in front of them, and there was no way they could have stopped.

But anyhow, Kevin wouldn't stop, so I called 911.

And he didn't want me to call 911 for a dog, but the 911 lady was very nice and said I called the right place :)

I told her where it was approximately and what I had seen and she asked me my name and phone number, and asked what color the car was and the dog was.

I told her it was a red car, and explained to her that it was a total accident, and that they had pulled over, but I am sure they could use some help. She reassured me that they would send someone over right away and that I had done right :)

But Kevin was still shaking his head at me, I could tell! haha

And my brother thought I was silly for calling 911 about a dog.

But hey, at might have caused a traffic problem, and besides a police officer could knock on people's doors more easily to find out who the dog's owners were.

Right?

Would you have called 911?

Would you have stopped?

I am interested to know.

7 comments:

  1. I totally would have called. You have great instincts!

    Did you ever find out if the dog was okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes absolutely would of called. If that had been my dog, I would want someone to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have stopped and taken the dog to the vet. I try not to call 911 as much as I possibly can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But my husband "probably would have", he says. And he's the most logical, even keel person I know. So there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did the right thing. I wouldn't have thought to call 911, but I probably would have stopped and picked up the little dog to take it to get some help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No I have no idea how to find out about it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have called and stopped to see what I could do, I hate seeing an animal hurt.......ya did good!

    ReplyDelete