Monday, April 13, 2009

Smoothie recipe

While at my Aunt Wanda's, one morning she handed me a cup with what appeared to be orange juice in it. I shook my head and said, "No thanks, I don't like orange juice." Aunt Wanda said, "Well, you need to try my orange juice! Really it is an orange juice smoothie."

So I tried it just to be nice, because I really REALLY don't like orange juice!

and you can guess:

I LOVED IT!

I was like, WHAT did you put in this?!?!

She gave me the recipe and I have been wanting one ever since I got back, so I got me some orange juice and bananas and I had me one for dessert tonight ;) YUM. SO good.

And this recipe packs a potassium punch that you would not believe. It is because of a secret ingredient ;)

Here is the recipe, try it, it is seriously YUMMY!!

Orange Banana Smoothie

1 c Orange Juice
1 med banana
2 TBS Molasses ;)
Ice as preferred

Blend in the blender,

ENJOY!!!

What a yummy dessert it made :) And I satisfied my craving. haha A new addiction is all I needed, THANKS Wanda! haha

I have heard this also helps when you have a headache! Weird huh? :)

6 comments:

  1. Molasses, eh? It can't be bad for you though, it's fruit and ice. What a great snack. Hmm, I might have to try this. I don't have molasses in the house though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a recipe I can actually have! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, that sounds delish! I'm going to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounded great until I read banana! ewww I don't care how you try and cover it up all I will taste is banana. Maybe I will toss in strawberries or something?

    ReplyDelete