Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Catcher in the Rye

Interesting book. I would never recommend this for kids. It is more of an adult book even if it is "voiced" by a teen. I would say that an older teen might be able to see the purpose and meaning of the book. Because it definitely has a good moral. It is a story of how love can bring us together, even if it is only the love of a small sibling :) And also how lost we sometimes feel as humans :)

I enjoyed it. But I did cried for Holden. :(

I don't like going into great detail for people who haven't read the book. It does have lots of bad language and sexual references, but it is a good story. And, really, I think its a reflective story of the feelings people have when they are at a place in life where they just don't know how to act. A place I think people get to more often than they like to admit.

I am crossing this off my list over there on my sidebar now :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG - I can't believe you didn't read this in HS ... it was required reading in my American Lit class. I remember not really liking it all that well, to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I did read it in HS Bonnie! But it is one of the books on all those lists...kwim? those lists of good books that everyone should read?

    I couldn't remember it for the life of me, even though I am sure I read it! Just like Tess, and several others.

    That is why I am rereading them now. :) I am absolutely certain I read those others on my sidebar as well, but I haven't the foggiest what they are about! :-p

    ReplyDelete