Monday, March 09, 2009

menu-ish

monday - There is a great demand for Meatloaf tonight, 3 out of 4 girls surveyed said they'd love it! So we'll have it with mashed potatoes and green beans :)

tuesday - Ham with Baked Mac and Cheese and some veggie if we are lucky. haha

wednesday - Soup beans and corn bread

thursday - Spaghetti with meatballs (we did not have this last week.) meatballs optional ;)

friday - Texas Beef Skillet

I have to tell you something funny. Kevin read a piece in the paper to the girls yesterday. It was all about surviving the Great Depression. The article talked about working hard and eating soup beans and corn bread for meals. So the girls all said "WE want to eat soup beans and cornbread!" :) I happen to like them too. Kevin is not so fond. He is a meat and potatoes man :)

I am just very grateful we don't have to live on soup beans and cornbread like people did back in the day. But if it comes down to it, I hope that we always have plenty of soup beans and cornbread to live on!! :-D

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully you will be able to convince your dh that beans rock! When I married dh he was a vegetarian so I didn't have to convince him to like beans, but I did have to work on the kids!
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. We eat beans and cornbread regularly. But I cheat and get the Marie Callendar cornbread mix, which is practically cake. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy. I love cornbread and beans, but Eaglewood is more a meat and potatoes kind of guy.

    ReplyDelete