Friday, March 20, 2009

Life of Pi: A novel

Sorry this is turning into a book blog lately!! :)

I do like to read though. haha

I just finished Life if Pi: A Novel.

Verrrrry interesting.

It was a great story. A little too intense for me at times. The descritive terms about the bodily functions were a bit gross. It definitely proves to me that I am a wimp with a capital W!! ;-p

It made me look into Poon Lim.

Read about him. Makes you think of the non-fictional facts of the story of Pi! EEEK!

Over all a very good book. But don't read it unless you are ready for intensity.

The images and feelings it created made me gag at one point. And nearly puke! haha If you have read it, I am sure you know which part I am talking about.

So what did you all think about it?

5 comments:

  1. Man you are fast..it was a heavy read for me so it took me about a week.
    Yeah it was pretty graphic in some parts...but it didn't really bother me.
    I liked it a lot and got me to thinking about things. I meant to look more into his life as well, so I'm going to have to check out that site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great story!! I am bad about not being able to put down books. Even if they are not impressing me I tend to fly through them. :-p It is a curse more than anything, since my house suffers for it. haha

    Do check that link out! Wow. Just wow.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I am going to have to check it out! Thanks for the review/post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything that triggers a gag reflex sounds like something I would want to avoid...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adding it to my list - thanks!

    ReplyDelete