Thursday, March 05, 2009

Fire!!

Ok, so my brother gets a medal from me. I will find him one :)

He came home on his lunch break and was talking to Mommy up at my grandma's old house, and he saw smoke down at Mommy's house, and asked her if they were burning anything. She said "NO!" and promptly called 911.

So there was a big fire over the hill from Mommy's house. This is when Kevin first got there:
The fire trucks were going through the field. Kevin was helping them with opening the gates and stuff. This is what Kevin saw when he got in the field, before the firemen came over there. You can see the flames on the left if you look closely. He had Kela and Cassie with him. It scared them.





Here is the charred hillside.







All the firetrucks in Mommy's driveway.



I will add more pics later. We are heading down there to see what is going on right now.

**UPDATE**

Kevin and I took a 4wheeler ride earlier and I took these pics...








BTW, everyone is worried about the animals, but the animals are all up in the upper fields by the barn, These are the lower fields, and the majority of the damage is on the other property.

See there they are waaaaay up there on top of the hill...on the right of the barn!

8 comments:

  1. Wow!! I am so glad everyone is okay. Did it affet any of your animals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No the animals are LUCKILY in the upper fields!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least everyone and the animals are safe.
    Looks like it's going to be a dry spring and probably summer for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my godness!! Glad everyone is ok and thank god for Randall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So glad they got it before it got to the house! Yay Randall! Did you find his medal yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, how scary. I am glad they were able to get the fire out and everyone was okay!
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Spooky stuff that. I'm so glad that you and your family are all okay!

    ReplyDelete