Monday, February 02, 2009

Firstborn meme

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
no, but it worked out perfect! I got pregnant the first week we lived in our house! :)

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Surprise. WORRY. Happiness. WORRY. Anxiety. WORRY! Happiness! haha

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
NEVER.

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
20 when I got pregnant, 21 when I had her :)

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
Pregnancy test from the store. Don't remember much about it! (SHAME ON ME!)

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
Kevin, of course.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
ALWAYS! haha Never did find out pre-birth til Raechel, though.

9. DUE DATE?
June 7th, 1995

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Yes, but nothing major. I threw up one time. But I got REALLY sick about 6 months along. I had terrible stomach virus and went right into what was probably pneumonia.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
CANNED PEAS! haha Can you believe that? I had them for breakfast, cold, straight from the can. EWWWW!

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
Nothing I can remember....

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
girl :)

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
NO WAY!

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
35, not bad, I thought.

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Not with Kela, but we got tons and tons of gifts anyway!

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
N/A

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
No

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Camden Clark Memorial Hospital

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
18.5 from the time they started the pitocen

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
Kevin

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Kevin

23. WAS IT V OR C?
V :)

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
I had an epidural. I could not feel my legs or anything from the waist down til hours after she was born, either. Good stuff, I say! LOL

25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
8 lb 3 oz and was 19 inches long

26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD BORN ?
June 23rd, 1995 at 12:12 am

27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Kela Danielle Kress

28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
13! ACK!

haha That was fun! Let me know if ya do it!

7 comments:

  1. Canned peas!? blech!
    I craved Sonic ice and canned pineapples. Hubs went out to get me pineapples and he got the crushed kind and not the diced. Totally not what I wanted! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...canned peas? Cold? For breakfast? Ewwwwww!!!

    Great post! Very interesting. I dig birth stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this meme! I third the "ewwwwww!" on the canned peas. And is that right that she was 16 days late? For real???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, she was 16 days late!! That was why I had to be induced. My cervix has a real problem with starting to open. haha It doesn't have a problem once I reach 6 cm, however. Once I get there it is usually only a matter of minutes! And I don't usually have to push much if at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peas, my fav. I craved ice and oatmeal, cooked of course. I could eat a bag of ice in one sitting. Strange, huh. No morning sickness though. I'm going to post your meme, if you don't mind. My first was 7days late. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate peas even when I'm not pregnant. Blech.

    I played along:

    http://carrie.homeschooljournal.net/2009/02/09/first-born-meme/

    ReplyDelete