Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cheeseburger Soup by request ;)

YUM!! :)

I love this stuff.

Cheeseburger Soup

1 to 1.5 pounds of lean ground meat (I use deer meat)
1 c chopped onion
1 c chopped celery

Fry this together and add to a pot of chicken broth (I just use about 4 c water and a chicken bouillon or two)
2 c potatoes, peeled cubed
2 c carrots (I use baby carrots)
1 tsp basil (I use more usually)

Bring to boil, simmer for about 30 minutes or a little more, til potatoes and carrots are soft.

Add about one-fourth a package of Velveeta and a cup of sour cream. Simmer til it is melted/dissolved.

I have been known to use American cheese and plain yogurt as substitutes. No one ever knew the difference ;)

We love this stuff :) also, if some of my measurements don't work out for you it is prolly because I never measure anything, I just throw a bunch of it in there and run with it! The basil for instance... I dump it in till it looks basil-y enough. And the potatoes and carrots and celery I add more until there is enough for whoever is eating it. Then I will add water too ;) and maybe another bouillon... and more basil. I love basil! LOL

1 comment:

  1. Lawanda,

    Thanks for visiting our blog and taking the time to comment! I look forward to reading your kids responses. I think that they get funnier with the younger kids but they're all great! ;) Have fun!!

    Warmly,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete