I have, unfortunately, not been as grateful as I should have a lot lately.
For a while I was utterly worried about things. Life in general. How were we going to pay the bills. Just the usual stuff.
But it hit me like a rock last night.
I have SO MUCH to be grateful for. And guess what? I am subjecting you to a nice long list of my thankful things!
1. My parents. My mom and dad rock. My dad's sister is in the hospital with a stroke. I bet she never ever thought that when she got older and was having troubles that it would be her baby brother to come and feed her and help her home. *sniff*
And my mom! My mom has this way with old people. She does! Her uncle is in the hospital and when she went to visit him he was throwing his food, and basically giving the nurses all kind of trouble. No one could calm him. But in walks my mom and calms him down and keeps him calm and helps the nurses with him.
And she always had that affect on my great grandmother. When no one could get her to eat, my mom ALWAYS could. She could calm her down when she was cussin' a blue streak at everyone else. Isn't that an amazing gift?
She is like that with kids too. Unless their parents see fit to interrupt, Mommy can calm 'em down and make 'em behave like no one else.
2. My dear husband. Kevin is a gem among men :) He makes my life a heck of a lot easier than it could be!!
3. My girlies. Each one is so special and sweet. And they are all really good little things. Really.
4. My aunt Linda and my aunt Wanda. They are the best.
5. My church family. I guess that sounds a little, what's the word? Oh yes, "Trite". But it is so true that I would be so lost without them.
6. My weight watchers family. I consider them my seestahs ;) I would still be having trouble breathing if it wasn't for them :)
So there ya go. I listed 6. I could go on and on! Because not only do I have the people in my life to be grateful for, but I also have lots of other things! Things such as: a nice warm house, and clothes to wear, and food to eat; and I even have stuff I don't NEED, but enjoy, like books and my computer with internet and tv and movies.
See how very blessed I am!!!