Wednesday, November 05, 2008

It's good to be ... Mom.

:)

so Cassie just brought me down some no-bake cookies she made. YUM.

I love having handy kids :) I must say, they really are growing up and getting quite the independence about them. ;) They love to cook, and they cook as good as I do. (And I would normally say something like: "Not that I am any good..." but it honestly wouldn't be true, because I am not a bad cook!! Really! Ask Kevin! haha)

That Kela can go in the kitchen and cook you a whole meal, including dessert! Cassie would have to ask what you wanted, but she could do the same! ;)

Now if I could only get them to clean up!! LOL

(have to temper the bragging with a little reality there! haha)

7 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! Mine can clean up if you give them 12 hours. They can cook little things and love doing it, so I shouldn't complain. Perhaps if the kitchen were cleaner, they would be more inspired to get in there and try a full meal deal.

    No bakes, huh? How far away do you live?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! What a sweetie!

    My daughter and I just baked up some "practice" pumpkin pies today. We have to get into practice for Thanksgiving don't ya know? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet!!!

    I hope my girls will learn to cook at an early age and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are trainng them well. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome. My oldest is only 7 but she so badly wants to just pop into the kitchen and whip something up. I can't wait until she can do that. I'm glad you're blessed with such sweet daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang girl, I'm proud that mine take their dishes to the counter after dinner! LOL, of course they are 7 and 4, but still. Good job raising go getters!

    Were the cookies the chocolate oatmeal thingies?

    ReplyDelete