Thursday, October 30, 2008

SAD. It's so sad.

Have you ever heard of SAD?

Seasonal affective disorder (SAD), also known as winter depression, is a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience depressive symptoms in the winter ...... repeatedly, year after year.


I have self-diagnosed myself as being taken with SAD. :-p

I always feel so yucky when it gets cold. And I really think it is partly why I hate the holidays. (If you've been reading me long, you know what a Bah Humbug I can be am.)

So I am sure you can just smell (or taste or feel, whichever your strongest sense is haha) the negativity coming from my blog this time of year. I am hoping to NOT be so negative from now on. I have such a big mouth, everyone knows when I am down. And then they help me and I feel so bad for complainin'. :(

I am seriously ashamed of myself for being a complainer.

But anyhow. I may not be posting much. I mean, I really think that "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all" applies to grown ups too, don't you? ;)

But I will try to think positive so you won't abandon my blog because I have nothin' nice to say! LOL

8 comments:

  1. My MIL suffers from SAD...which unfortunately gives me a bad cause of MAD from time to time. LOL!

    No seriously, it is a weird syndrome, but you can see such a crazy change in her mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get that way when it rains. I hate rainy days. I also try not to leave the house to much when it's really cold outside, I'd be in shut-in in the wiinter if I could so I know what ya mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Up here in the Pac Northwest, SAD is par for the course. The sun simply does not come out October through April, and we are far enough north that daytime hours are 9:30-3:30.

    That is why we make really good coffee up here. It's a survival mechanism.

    Maybe go to your local supplement store and get some seratonin. Or a product called Happy Camper. Works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have seen excellent results since DH started on some herbs to help him with mild depression and ADD. Our DR is really into Natural healing, and we have found that it really does work for us.
    Good luck sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, no, you MUST blog! A good rant is entertaining and gives you an opportunity to sort through your feelings. There's a lot of stuff on the net about home treatments for SAD....I think a Vitamin D/Calcium/Mag supplement was one of them, but couldn't be sure. I know my mood is reflected by lack of sun and by just being cold. We're keeping the heat turned to "cheap" this winter so I am scavenging the last few yardsales for heavy sweaters and stocking up on fuzzy socks. And tea. And good books.

    I really do hope you keep blogging! I wanna hear what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get the same way. I know it's all about the time change. I'll be even worse by then. I simply get so depressed when it's dark at 6pm. Hubs hates that I leave every light on in the house but it just drives me batty to do anything in the dark, even if I'm not actually in that room at the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know a few people who suffer from SAD. I am thankful that I am not one - I love the change of seasons. Of course, here in Texas, we really only have two: hot and not as hot. Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Daddy and sister suffer with this also... I was spared, love rainy days. I hope you find something that helps you, Lawanda.

    ReplyDelete