Thursday, October 02, 2008

Mexican Chicken

My yummy way of making Mexican chicken:

Chicken Breasts
salsa
can corn
can black beans

cream cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, optional

-------------------------------

slow cook about 5 or 6 chicken breasts in skillet with lid til tender and falling apart

add about 2 cups salsa

add 2 cans of sweet corn, drained (not creamed corn)

add 2 cans of black beans, drained

cook down till it gets kinda thick

If you like cream cheese, you can add an 8 oz pack of it and mix it in at this point

Serve with sour cream and tortilla chips or in flour tortillas


YUM

One of my faves.

I tried it with the cream cheese (which was my friend Anne's suggestion) and we liked it a lot! But there was not enough of a difference for me to use it again, because it cuts way down on the points if I don't, plus I can still put sour cream on it for the same points ;)

With the cream cheese or sour cream this is about 8 points for a cup or so, with about 8 chips. This makes about 10 servings.

5 comments:

  1. That sounds delish..almost like chicken tortilla soup but without the soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I do something like this in the crock pot. It is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am such a loser Jenn, I always forget to put things in the crock pot in time!! So that is why I use my stove top skillet. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds delish. I'm making chicken tortilla soup right now so I'll have to wait a week or two to try it!

    ReplyDelete