Monday, October 27, 2008

Hello friends!

I have been so busy! With having company last week + going to church every night, we were plum exhausted by Saturday. Then Sunday, yesterday, I slept all afternoon, til my neighbor called me and asked if I would like to go walking. We had a GREAT walk. I would say at least two or three miles!

Then today I had some running to do and I decided to stop down at the Plasma Donation place to try and donate some. They actually pay you. :)

BUT, unfortunately for me, even if your Rheumatoid Arthritis is in remission, you are not allowed to donate.

I tell you what. I cried.

I felt so defective. :(

But I am over it now. :) My aunt told me that they turn down lots of people for various reasons, and not to feel defective. So I am NOT. :)

Other than that, not a lot going on. My in-laws are moving, so this is going to be another busy week, what with all of us helping them. Not that I am much help. But I will do whatever they need me to do!!

Oh, before I forget! My menu:

Monday - Chicken Broccoli Alfredo

Tuesday - Hamburgers

Wednesday - Tilapia, Corn, Fried Potatoes

Thursday - Mexican Chicken

Friday - Chili

9 comments:

  1. The menu sounds yummy...you always get me thinking about what I am going to make for dinner...tonight is lasagna.

    Sounds like you have been busy and are going to be busy again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not at all defective. You just can't do everything and maybe that's a good thing. ;)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my bloggy giveaway!
    http://forgetfulone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love the energy that comes just THINKING about walking with a friend?

    Thank you for the encouragement tonight - you're wonderful!

    I had no idea you had Rheumatoid Arthritis! You're a woman of mystery. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. MG and I sold plasma once years ago. He needed to get some details for his uniform and that was the only way we could afford it. The cookies at the plasma center were good. But if you have RA, you ned to keep your plasma inside you, okay? ;)

    So glad you got a refreshing walk. It does wonders, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your menu sounds yummy (like always)!

    Sounds like you life has been the good kind of busy lately!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you have been busy! I don't think I am brave enough to give blood. They have to stick me too many times, ouch!
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to donate blood ~ then, when I became a nurse, they said I could no longer donate ~ I guess that was sort of good, since I am anemic, & whenever I DID donate, I was always the woozy person passed out on the floor ~talk about embarrassing ~ I could care less about needles & blood & all that, but my body sure didn't care for the experience, regardless of what my mind was saying.

    Don't feel defective though ~ lol ~ look, there has to be SOMETHING wrong with you, or else you'd be Wonder Woman!!
    ~Red

    ReplyDelete
  9. Def NOT defective... odd, but not defective! :)

    *mwaaaaaa*

    A nap and walk sound divine, Lawanda. I'm glad you were able to take that time for yourself.

    ReplyDelete