Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ralph Stanley and the Clinch Mountain Boys

Tonight instead of going to Sign Language Class, we went to the community college where Ralph Stanley and the Clinch Mountain Boys were having a concert!


WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!
You might know Ralph Stanley if you ever watched O Brother Where Art Thou, and heard this song:


My mom took us all :) I have a great mom, too ;)

We got to meet all the Clinch Mountain Boys, and the girls got pics with them. They are awesomely talented men, all of them. The Boys included Ralph's son, Ralph Stanley II, and his grandson Nathan Stanley. Also was Dewey Brown on Fiddle, and the girls loved him, he gave them each a signed picture ;) And Cassie and Samantha got to wear his hat for their pics with him. We also got pics of Ralph Stanley with them all :)

The Clinch Mountain Boys was where Ricky Skaggs and Keith Whitley got their starts! :)

Here is Dr Ralph Stanley as a younger man:



And GUESS WHAT!! When they were taking requests, Ralph Stanley sang this song for Mazie! He said it on stage, "Well Mazie, this is for you." Hers was the only name they mentioned in dedication! Because my mom was yelling, "Sing it for Mazie!" :D It is her all time favorite song. :)

Is that awesome or what?!?! :)


They sang Amazing Grace as an encore, it was awesome! I wish I had taken my own video, it was so much better than any I found online :(

5 comments:

  1. Ack! Where's the pictures??? I've never heard of these guys but it sounds like loads of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun evening! Dr. Hubby's family loved O Brother Where Art Thou!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, MAN, that would be cool. They are all amazing talents. Can you see me turning green with envy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so jealous! The O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack is on my Christmas wishlist. Good music! Ha - I think you have awesome taste!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you all had a great time. I didn't realize Ralph was still touring. My mom's DH is a huge fan!

    ReplyDelete