Saturday, August 30, 2008

Randomness about being night owls

Johanna commented that we were night owls :) And my mind is being so random lately! (Jeanie are ya rubbing off on me or something? ;) hehe) So here is a random explanatory post ;)

Well, we ARE night owls around here. That is one fabulous thing about homeschooling, is the flexibility. That was one reason I started out homeschooling when Kela and Cassie were small. Because Kevin always worked nights at Schwan's (his previous job that done him dirty. grrr)...And it was so nice for them to stay up til Daddy went to work at 10:00 pm and sleep more while he did in the mornings :) They got to spend more time together thataway :)

For the last two years we haven't been such night owls, because Kevin's schedule was to get up at 6 am and go to work until he got home at 4-ish. So we didn't stay up all night then :) We got up early! And we had supper at 5 pm nearly every night!

But now that Kevin works 3pm til Midnight, we do stay up late. I usually wait up for him to come home from work, and then we talk (well I talk, and sometimes Kevin even does! Amazing, I know! LOL) :) So we do not get up too early! But I am usually up around 7:30 or 8:00 am. And Cassie is usually up before that. :-p We also do not have our big meal at suppertime anymore either. We now have it at 1:30 (like the schedule says! LOL) because Kevin's scheduled lunch break at work is at 8 pm. So that way he is not too starving by then, if we eat a later lunch, plus make it our big meal.

Oh yes, this reminds me. I need to get myself together enough to get back to my menu plan Mondays :)

Anyhow, I know this is very random, but I wanted to post it so Johanna would know we do have good reasons for not being the early birds ;)

Plus there is that whole thing of me not liking mornings too.... ;)

Oh, and this also reminds me I should tell you that sometimes I write my posts at night and schedule them to post in the mornings. I don't do this all the time, but I have been doing it a lot lately. (That is why you had to wait on my pics Johanna! LOL)

I am trying to space out the randomness for yall. I am sure you thank me for my consideration! ;)

4 comments:

  1. You must embrace your inner randomness. Nothing wrong with randomness at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, all that explanation just for me!!! I feel so honored.

    It does help understand a bit more, though. Not that early to bed or late to bed is of any real importance.

    I think that if my husband worked a second shift like yours, I wouldn't get anything done because I am usually only productive in the mornings. I guess I would learn to adapt though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I wish I were a night owl.

    But I'm more of an early to bed, early to rise kind of person. In the summertime I tend to stay up longer though (because it's light longer.)

    And good idea about the meals too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to learn to adapt when my dh went to waking up at 6am every day. It killed me! LOL

    I REALLY wish I was a morning person. My family (all the hard working peoples in it, anyway) are morning persons. And they git-r-dun, let me tell ya!

    I wanna be a go getter. I am just not that much of a go-er... LOL

    ReplyDelete