Wednesday, June 04, 2008

More pics :)

I took some more pics today.

My dishes:

This reminded me of a poem that used to be on a picture hanging on my grandma's kitchen wall. The picture is now on my Aunt Linda's wall :)

It goes like this:

Thank God for Dirty Dishes
author unknown

Thank God for Dirty Dishes,

They have a tale to tell.

While others are going hungry,

We're eating very well.

With home and health and happiness,

I shouldn't want to fuss.

For by this stack of evidence,

God's very good to us.




And then I just had to take a pic of my parents' garden they planted in Grandma's garden plot:
I think it is amazing how beautiful the lettuce is :) And I can't wait to harvest the food! Since our own garden is pitiful beyond degree! But then Grandma tended her plot for YEARS, and she knew what she was doing! This is our first year and our soil is just not too peachy. YET! :)

Then I had this pic, I took it yesterday. I just thought the barn door looked cool. :)
All these pics are just with my camera phone, so they are not anything great. But I have been enjoying whipping it out and taking pics of every thing! hehe

7 comments:

  1. hgnatpI hate dishes but I love the poem! Love your pics. I have to get me scanner software reinstalled before I can add things. I can't find the right cord to just attach my camera. I am so tech-challenged. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous garden! I'll have to share pics of mine soon. It doesn't even come close to comparing.

    lol - my word verification for this comment is "coopow", which makes me think of cowpoo and it takes very little to make me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poem and great pics! I dearly love barns and gardens...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the dishes pic is my favorite. What a pretty array of colors and light!

    Congrats on your pound! You are almost done with that ticker. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate doing the dishes. My least favorite chore, seriously. Love the poem!

    Those are some cute pics you took. And I noticed you are almost to your weight loss goal lady. WTG!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pics are good for a camera phone. And that lettuce looks good from where I'm sittin. My lettuce took a bit of a beating from all this heat. Over 100 degrees burned some of the leaves.

    Thanks for sharing pics.

    ReplyDelete