Monday, June 09, 2008

I am so blessed.

Blessed

I get kissed by the sun Each morning
Put my feet on a hardwood floor
I get to hear my children laughing
Down the hall through the Bedroom door
Sometimes I sit on my Front porch swing
Just soaking up the day
I think to myself, I think to myself
This world is a beautiful place

Across a crowded room,
I know you know what I’m thinking
By the way I look at you
And when we’re lying in the quiet and
No words have to be said
I think to myself, I think to myself
This love is a beautiful gift

When I’m singing my kids to sleep
When I feel you holding me
I know

I have been blessed
And I feel like I’ve found my way
I thank God for all I’ve been given

At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones
That love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed


-----------------------------------------------

This is my theme song :)

I am blessed beyond degree. And I know it. Sometimes I don't understand it completely, but when I feel it, I am completely humbled.

I have had such a great weekend. In spite of being exhausted by the yard sale. My weekend has left me humbled and very, very grateful.

We had literally hundreds of people come through our yard sale. Of those hundreds, many were children. And as I observed all the children - I love to observe children :) - I could not believe the number of children I saw who were not capable of walking by themselves because of a mental or physical handicap. This made me cry. And pray a grateful prayer that my children have all been blessed with good health and full function of their bodies.

Then yesterday, after church, Kevin took me on a little surprise mini vaca for our 15th anniversary. It was very mini, as he had to be to work today at 3pm. But it was SO MUCH FUN.

I had no idea he was planning it until yesterday morning, when he told me to ask my mom if she could watch the girls. (The girls includes Patience, as she is staying the week with us.) So I asked and she said, "Sure!" :)

He took me to his old stomping grounds in Pennsville, Ohio. I have been there before, but we explored some this time. First place we went, after church services last night, was the Old Mill Inn at Stockport.

One word: AWESOME!!!

This was our room on the second floor.

This was our view.


It was SO RELAXING listening to the water right outside our door! It was the loveliest anniversary mini vaca EVER! :) I have such a sweet husband. I am so so blessed!!

Here are some other pics of the Mill Inn:

Then we went to Kevin's old Elementary School:


And then to the park where he used to play:
He is still a kid at heart :)
And everyone knows I am too ;)

He enjoyed telling me all about his escapades as a kid at the school. He pointed out places he got into trouble ;) hehe Then we drove around and he pointed out places he went as a kid, and showed me where he got the huge scar from on his leg... It was very interesting, and fun. He doesn't usually talk so much ;)

It made me very happy. :)

13 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great husband!! Lucky you. :) Happy anniversary!

    (so does this make up for the dog? *heehee*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful time! That's what keeps the spark going, you know? So glad you guys got away for a bit. And Happy Anniversary!

    And you look fabulous, Miss Skinny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The view from the room is breathtaking. I know that you guys had a great time. It's awesome that your husband shared thise memories with you. Thank you for sharing it ith us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! What a sweet hubby you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I am silly I had your anniversary and Kela's birthday mixed up. I guess that is what happens when you get old! lol So welcome to the 15 year club!!! isn't it wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you guys had a GREAT time !! What a sweet guy :) Happy anniversary !

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice! The other day I figured out that we live near each other and MAY have even met! LOL! I saw a post from Michelle McVaney. We used to be in the homeschool group with Michelle. I can't remember the name of it. You are in it too?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a nice song Lawanda. And those pictures are amazing. What a beautiful view you had from your room. How sweet of Kevin to plan that. Happy Anniversary to you both! Sounds like a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet hubby. I'm glad you had a nice mini vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pitter patter goes my heart... what a great mini-vaca! I LOVE that inn, sitting smack on the water like that... I'm glad you received such a special treat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun! I seriously gotta get my amish country photos up! I am so bad:(

    ReplyDelete