Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Marriage

I am waxing sentimental on you here. I thought I would post a little thing on marriage.

Hey, you know me. I am about as frivolous as they come. Yet, I am completely committed to my marriage. This was not always the case, I am ashamed to say. Very ashamed.

But we have learned our lessons rather the hard way, and I am so grateful that I have a husband who has been willing to change when he saw the need, and take things in his stride and take care of his family through all the hard times in this life. We both realized a long time ago that we BOTH have to forgive and we both have to TRY HARDER to make it through the inevitable rough spots. (Rough spots that are so rough for so long sometimes your soul is just raw and tender and you feel like you'd like to disappear.)

It's that whole "love your neighbor as yourself" thing. A wife hasn't got a nearer neighbor than her husband, and a husband needs to remember his wife is the nearest and dearest neighbor he's got! :)

We are coming up on our 15th anniversary. Is that awesome or what? That is something I am rather proud of, if I can say it that way. Maybe I should say it is something I am totally grateful for, instead. Don't get me wrong. I am so NOT the perfect wife and Kevin is NOT the perfect husband... There are days when I want to cuss him out for acting like a MAN, but I have noticed they are getting fewer and farther between as these years go by! I think that means we have both grown as christians over the years and through the problems... And that can only be a good thing, right? :)

Now, if I can only convince him that we were destined to have a larger family, we will be set for the next 15 years ;) HAHA!

6 comments:

  1. I have to say that sounds like a post that I would write. We're coming up on 10 years next month. Blessing to you and yours for another 10 plus years of marital bliss. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 15 years, Wow! Congrats Lawanda and Kevin! That is a wonderful milestone.

    Happy blogaversary too Lawanda. Love the pics down at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on 15 years! That is a wonderful accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That's awesome!!
    Our 20th is this fall.
    Time sure does fly...

    I finally realized I never added you to my Google Reader,sheesh! Otherwise I never would have missed your awesome book giveaway, darnit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, happy 15th! That is so cool.

    Many happy returns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 15 years is quite an accomplishment in this day and age. Congrats Lawanda and Kevin on making your commitment to each other work!

    ReplyDelete