Friday, March 14, 2008

Anathema

That means cursed in case ya didn't know.

I am beginning to think this is the year of the devil. Well, maybe it is the two years of the devil. 2007 and 2008.

Is that sacrilege?

Let me tell you about my night last night.

I was sitting here talking to Paula (who is doing so much better with her pregnancy right now!) and just hung up, when.... My brother Randall calls me. He asked me what I thought about this rash on Daphne's neck. I told him I did not want to worry him, but I had wondered about this... When my kids had the lice, I read up on them, and saw a pic of a rash caused by an allergic reaction to the lice adherent substance that looked exactly like what Daphne had on her neck. I said to him that maybe he should check her head. So he did, and then he got real quiet and said, "Lawanda. Get up here now!"

So of course I rushed up and ran into his house. He was bent over Daphne's head and he cried, "I think my kid has fleas!" (Ya gotta know my brother...) :)

I went over and looked, and folks... It was awful. There were so many bugs in her hair. I have never seen the like. I rushed down to my house to get my lice killing stuff, I brought two bottles, because Samantha had some too, and he hair is loooong and thick. When my kids had it, I didn't end up using the chemicals, we just used conditioner and a comb, which is much safer. But I wanted to kill at least some of those things. There were just so many.

It was gross. I had the hardest time. This, to me, is one of the worst things in the world to happen. Maybe for some people it is no big deal, but seriously, this is awful for me.

So anyway, I will spare you at least some of the graphic disgusting details. I ended up doing her hair in conditioner twice after the lice killer. It was just terrible.

So.

I got home around 3am. I went to move Raechel from my bed to her own, and she puked. All over me. All over herself. All over the floor. Kela was awake and she helped me. She cleaned the floor, and I cleaned myself and the baby. UGH. Raechel ended up staying up til 8am being sick.

Kela is now sick, Raechel is still sick, but not as bad...

So I am just waiting for a bomb or something else horrific to happen here. Oh plus another one of our neighbors died. This is like the 12th funeral since Grandma's.

Honestly, if it wasn't for prayer, I would be considering running away. Far far away.

I have checked all my family and no one has the bugs. And for this I am extremely thankful! I ended up cutting some hair today, though. Faith has been wanting to donate her hair since her bday, but it wasn't long enough. Well I told her we'd cut it today, if there were no bugs she could donate, if we found anything, she'd have to donate later. Well, I saw three specks in the conditioner. I am fairly certain it was not anything but dirt, but I told her to be on the safe side we'd better not. She was upset for a while, but later she was ok, because everyone keeps saying how cute her hair looks. :)

I ended up having to cut about 7 in off of Samantha's today too. Hers is clear to her hind end and THICK. And I was not able to get the comb through it even with conditioner. But the cut helped a lot.

My mom had cut Daphne's last night and I trimmed up the loose ends today. It is just long enough to put in a ponytail and looks so cute. I left it in a ponytail though, because, while her rash is better, it is still there!

Here is a pic we just took real quick of Faithy. Her hair is actually a mess, because when she washed it she did not get all the soap out....
Here is a pic of her hair before we cut it, a mess again! LOL

5 comments:

  1. Oh, dear! I am so sorry you are having to deal with all this horrible stuff!! Call me if you need a break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((Hugs))) I'm sorry, Lawanda - what a horrible time you've been having! I'll pray that this is the end of it and that you have some peace for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness girl! As my mom always says I'm sure it will all come out in the wash. Keep the faith and I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no... I have never even seen lice and I think to see so many would make my skin crawl...poor you.

    LOVE Faith's hair short !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful girl! Wow.

    You are one strong mama to be living though all this. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete