Tuesday, March 04, 2008

After six months

of funeral after funeral. I am trying not to be depressed.

Martin Snider died last night. He has been ill a very long time. He was ready. But it is so sad that all these people that I have known all my life are slowly, but surely leaving my life. Martin was one of the people who started the congregation on Winding Road, where I go to church. I have known him my entire life. :(

It is not just older people though who are departing this life.

Since my Grandma died in September, there have also been others who have gone that were so young.

A friend of mine's niece lost her baby. He was 10 months old. I cannot even talk about this.

And last night at Walmart I saw a young man I used to babysit. I nearly burst into tears when I saw him. His wife was killed in an automobile accident in the snow storm a couple or three weeks ago. She was 23. He is, of course, having such a tough time. Luckily his family is there for him.

I am reminded of the song:

This world is not my home, I'm just a passin' through
My treasures are laid up, somewhere beyond the blue

4 comments:

  1. I try to look as birth and death in the same exact way. The only time I find that particularly hard is when a children dies in a painful way.

    ugh, all this death talk. I wanted to actually cheer you on with your first weight loss goal. I'm getting serious on losing some weight myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((lawanda)))

    I don't even have the right words. I'm just so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not much concellation, I'm sure, but the Angels only call the ones they need...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on meeting your weight loss goal!

    I think that being left behind when someone you love dies is probably the hardest part of life...

    ReplyDelete