Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I seriously love my job(s)

I am loving my new job. But you know what? It is making me appreciate so much more the job I have at home. :)

I am trying to get the girls caught back up on their school. When Grandma was so sick, we went from 2 to 3 weeks ahead of schedule to --- well let's just say WAAAAAAY behind schedule. Then I had to work those three weeks during the day, and, well, "Here We Are," as they say.

So yesterday we got a little school work finished, but I feel just like we are starting over! So today was a bit difficult. It does not help that we had to go to the funeral home for a neighbor's visitation, and now then tomorrow we have the funeral.

Well, I guess what I am trying to do is just rationalize a little about our "behindness"... So there ya have it. I rationalized.

I got Grandma's sign that hung in her kitchen hanging by my front door now. It is cute. It has a little turtle on it and it says "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!" And folks, that is JUST SO ME!! :)

So I am trying not to "go hurrier" but to relax and take things as they come. And not push my kids too hard. Because, after all, it is not THEIR fault life got in the way of school! :-p

5 comments:

  1. That quote is cute! and so perfect for me too. I think that's why I had such a horrible anxiety/breakdown last month. Trying to do too much and too fast. We are always starting over with homeschooling and trying to start fresh every week. Some weeks we get a lot accomplished and some weeks life just gets in the way... I think it'll all work out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just pick up where you left off and don't worry about it. You are homeschooling...you get decide if you are behind or not....looks to me like you are right on schedule!;) Don't stress! Your kids are all beyond their grade levels anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds stressful. But not really. After all, that's part of the benefits of homeschooling, right? The flexibility. I'm sure your girls will catch up shortly. So glad you love your new job! What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slow and steady wins the race. Although parenting isn't a race, and I'm not sure what you could win if it was.

    Maybe a clean house.

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're not behind. The beautiful thing about homeschooling is it allows your children to be fully present for those family events that ultimately teach life's most important lessons.

    Thank you for the birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete