Sunday, September 02, 2007

Wrong

Ok, so apparently the doctors here were right the first time. Maybe they just do not have enough confidence in their own abilities? I don't know why they have just been telling her she is just getting old.

This is not confirmed by bone marrow tests as of yet:

The doctors in Morgantown think it is Leukemia, too.

The one doctor said that sometimes the steroids can cause it to go into a sort of "honeymoon stage" where the symptoms abate. He said perhaps the reason they missed it in Pittsburgh (even though they were specifically looking for it???) was that you have to check the correct places to find it. Which it seems like they would know that at Pitt, being a Cancer Center and all, but WHATEVER.

So anyhow, they are doing some more testing.

It has been 15 weeks since they told us she would only have 4 to 6 weeks to live.

7 comments:

  1. Well good grief!! No doctor can tell you when your dying, just give you there best guess. My grandpa was told he had six months to live because he had throat cancer, well he lived for 3 more years and then died of a heart attack....so go figure. But I hope things all work out for your grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that they are wrong again. Good luck *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  3. ARGH!!! Hang in there, girl! And keep us posted. What a roller coaster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next time you are in the doc's office, you could walk over and bite the diploma hanging on the wall, like old ladies used to do to gold coins in the movies to see if they were real. What a bunch of morons.

    Hugs to you and your family. It would be awful to be strung along like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFLLLL mamageph!! I LOVE it!!! ( I wanna do that!)
    Lawanda ~ so sorry to hear of this upset, but at least the little pesty's are gone, right? (silver lining.....) ;-D
    ~Red

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about this. I will keep her in my prayers. I do hope that they are wrong again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It sounds like you all have been on quite a roller coaster ride. Unbelievable. I would be a wreck. How is your Grandma holding up emotionally?

    ReplyDelete