Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Morgantown Update

Well, Faithy is "free and clear" ! :) They said if she starts having her symptoms again, just call, otherwise, should be nothing to worry about :)

We spent the day in Morgantown yesterday. Kevin waited in the waiting room with the kids, and I visited Grandma. You have to scrub up for a minute before you can go in the room.

Grandma is not herself. She actually acts like my Grandma O'Dell did when she was senile, at age 100. :) It is kinda funny, in a way. Because she does cute stuff like patting the nurses bottoms and laughing. :)

But then, my mom had to stay all night with her, because Grandma is not really aware of her surroundings. She kept trying to get up last night. The hospital had asked that Mommy stay with her in the room. Mommy said she was a wild woman. She has been cussing and arguing and generally talking out of her head.

She has moments when she knows what is happening and sort of where she is.

The reason for this *they think* is because the Leukemia has spread to her "cranial fluids" as they are saying. So they are doing a spinal tap on her today to check that.

They are wanting to give her chemo, and Grandma is saying she wants it. When the first time (when she was right in her head) she refused it. It will not prolong her life more than a few days, so I am truly at a loss as to WHY the doctors are wanting to give her chemo. Plus it will make her sick. Why do that??

Anyway, that is the latest I have heard.

(warning: big whiny gripe ahead)

I have to go try to feed a wild cat that my parents are supposed to be taking care of while his owner is in the mental institution. :(

I am not happy about this.

(ok, short complaint. But still a big one.)

**Update on the update**

I just talked with my aunt, and the reason for the chemo is to try to clear up some of her confusion. They are actually going to be putting it in her spine when they do the spinal tap here in a few minutes. So that is understandable.

9 comments:

  1. I am so incredibly sorry! I am praying for your family, Lawanda. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to read that your family is going through so much lately. I'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mercy Mercy! Good luck with everything including the cat. :) I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry to hear about Grandma Sams. I will keep her and your family in my prayers. hopefully the chemo will help a little so she can at least be herself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no...so sad. I hope that the chemo helps calm her *hug*

    Good news about Faith !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry also to hear about your grandma. I hope she gains some mental clarity from the chemo, and that you all get a chance to spend time together and say what you need to say and that your grandma will be comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about your grandma. I hope her time is painfree and she's comfortable.

    Yay on Miss Faithy! What a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry things are rough right now.

    As an aside, Morgantown? What state are we talking about, here?

    ReplyDelete