Monday, September 10, 2007

I don't think I have ever been so exhausted

I dunno, maybe I have and just forget :)

My grandma came home from the hospital Friday. They did not even expect her to make it home, and she is still here. My grandma has always been a tough cookie :)

Our whole family has been here, pretty much around the clock. I know, myself, I have been up all night every night except Saturday night. I came home and took a Tylenol with codeine I had left over from some surgery or other, and conked til 6 am Sunday morning when my Aunt Linda called to tell me Grandma had opened her eyes! Of course, I rushed right up to see her and talk with her a little, before going to church. :)

We've had many emotions and many tired people, but so far we are all surviving, and even enjoying each other, and our last moments with Grandma Sams.

Grandma stopped responding to any stimuli late Friday after she came home. She is in a comatose state now.

She does, however, move her mouth like she'd like to talk with us when we talk to her. :) It is a comfort to think what she'd be likely to say to us if she could. I know it would either be something wise or hilarious. ;)

Anyway, I wanted to give an update. Oh and more thanks.

Michelle, her sis Christina and their friend (Gabby's mom, whose name escapes me just now, but I think it may be Brenda...SO SORRY!) brought over a TON of yummy food. She made me all my favorites: chicken casserole, pasta salad, potatoes, fudge brownies with fudgy icing, and chocolate cake with chocolate icing. YUM YUM. Michelle don't do nothin small, let me tell ya ;) She rocks my face off, dude!! ;)

My friend Heather went and bought me a pair of shoes that I was wanting, but couldn't buy the other night because they didn't have my size at either the Vienna Kmart or the Southside Kmart. She went to Marietta and bought em for me!

Do I have the nicest friends or what????

Everyone at church was being just so sweet, as well as our extended family. I have just been overwhelmed with emotions.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you've got great support. What you're going through is no easy thing, and everyone should have such support at times like this. I'm praying for you, your family, and your grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that your favorite foods gave you some joy!:) you guys are in my prayers. Let me know if you need something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be praying.

    Good friends are such a blessing during difficult times, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that she made it home so that you could all be with her till the end. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete