Monday, September 24, 2007

Got it!!

WOOT!

Got the job! :-D

Funny story: I had to go pee in a cup for the drug test after the interview, and the girl told me to fill the cup to the 50 line and DO NOT FLUSH. So, I go to the second bathroom on the right, as per my instrucions ;) and peed in the cup. And I really hadda pee! so I overflowed the silly little cup!!!!! And I was cleaning it and so on and so forth, and turned around to leave the bathroom, and wouldn't ya know it if my hand didn't AUTOMATICALLY reach on over and pull the lever. FLUSH went the toilet. I ran out hollering, "I'm so SORRRRRRRY!!! I didn't mean to flush!!!!!" And the one girl said, "UH OH, you failed the test, cuz ya couldn't follow directions!" :lol Then she immediately (upon seeing my face go completely red and crestfallen, I am sure) let me know she was kidding. ;) Then the other girl stuck the strips in for a minute and said "You are good to go, we'll fax 'em the results. But we won't mention the flushing incident." wherewith she gave me a kindly wink :)

Ahhh. So I have to go in Friday for my orientation, which I am totally looking forward too. Then I will have two weeks of training, and then go on my nightshift. That is IF I don't utterly and completely fail!

Oh, btw, I am proud to say that my typing is roughly 90 strokes per minute with nearly 100% accuracy ;-) :-D

10 comments:

  1. Congrats! And I probably would've flushed, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yip-eee! I knew you'd get the job! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You go, girl!

    For the record, I would have flushed as well. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. to flush or not to flush ~ THAT is the question!..... but to swipe or to wipe, THAT is where the rubber meets the road...or the paper meets the ... parts.
    And uhm, lol ~ to soap really good after an overflow.. well,, THAT is just common sense! ;-D

    I am happy for you, with the job, I hope it isn't too much stress & strain to be juggling work and kids and house AND homeschool ~ lol ~ wonderwoman is an urban MYTH, just remember that! And if all else fails, kids don't need that many new toys anyway, right? ;-D
    Seriously, though, your typing record whips mine.. I think I am around 89 or 90 wpm, with 100% accuracy ~ You rock, girl!!!
    ~Red

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant to put 79 0r 80, but it came out 89 or 90 ~ hah ~ i WISH ~ lol
    ~Red

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new job! Your now a new member of the workingmomma247 club. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY for you ! Well done darlin. Make sure you let us know how you go, and don't work too hard. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! Congrats! Now I gotta get busy reading your blog, I've been gone for a few weeks since mom has been in the hospital, I didn't know you were looking for a job. I gotta catch up! I'm happy for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! I hope it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete