Saturday, August 25, 2007

It's probably good that I am easy to please

Or else I may feel like beating my own head against a wall. Because, last week's Menu ended up looking like this:

Menu Plan Monday

Monday - Chicken Casserole, mashed potatoes, corn Chicken Noodles with gravy/carrots/peas

Tuesday - Pizza Casserole

Wednesday - Tilapia (marinated, grilled) with broccoli and boiled potatoes

Thursday - Texas Beef Skillet Hot Dogs

Friday - Creamy Chicken Bake, mashed potatoes, green beans Pizza (Little Caesar's Hot & Ready Pizza, Please!)

Saturday - Hot Dogs


I look at this and hang my head in shame. I mean - ugh! so much junk :( And hot dogs twice?? What kind of mother am I?!

Lazy is the first word that comes to mind. Easy-going is the next. So, yeah. I really need to get on that whole "eat more nutritious food" bandwagon. BAD. Of course, that would mean I would have to cook more nutritiously... Yep. Need to get on that. Lucky for me I have an entirely cookless day ahead of me tomorrow to mull next week's menu plan in my head. Mommy cooks on Sundays! YES!!! *punches air in triumphal gesture*

5 comments:

  1. It's cool to read about someone else planning their weekly menu. I'm only at the stage where I am planning for my husband and myself, as my four month old daughter is still breastfeeding (of course). I'll probably do it until she's two or three. I'm also a breastfeeding advocate and am considering home-schooling. Neat blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I've said it once, I've said it a million times woman ! Get a slow cooker. Good, healthy, nutritious meals ~ and you don;'t have to do anything other than chuck it all in :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I got a huge slow cooker for xmas. I have used it periodically... but you know my problem? Remember to put the stuff in in the morning. I am pitiful! :-p

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I always say..some kind of plan is better than no plan. If the plan doesn't pan out then I can always have it carry over for next week. Just making a plan is the first great start, the rest will come along later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. get thee a crock pot madam!!! This ingenious invention has saved me so many times from calling out for pizza (which we do an embarrassing amount of times a month)We have an amazing book too with tons of healthy recipies, which would be great even if you are not veggie. "Fresh from the vegetarian slow cooker by Robin Robertson. It seriously takes like 10 minutes first thing in the morning. I do mine while I'm dealing with the breakfast getting and cleaning up. round out whatever you make with a salad and you'll feel like Martha!!

    ReplyDelete