Friday, August 24, 2007

Book meme

From Carrie (of course! hehe)

What are you reading right now?

1776 by David McCullough

Do you have any idea what you’ll read when you’re done with that?

I am hoping to get to the library and get 13th Tale and an Irish Country Doctor, among others recommended by Carrie ;)

What magazines do you have in your bathroom right now?

I don't have any. Kevin has some woodworking and carving and cabinetry ones in our room.

What’s the worst thing you were ever forced to read?

Lord of the Flies. Ugh. I would never have read it if I hadn't had to for school. Gruesome.

What’s the one book you always recommend to just about everyone?

Harry Potter, if I think they'd not be against it. Or Little Women if they are a girl. :)

Admit it, the librarians at your library know you on a first name basis, don’t they?

Well, sadly, only because I never get my books in on time, and they must always send me notices. Luckily they have an Amnesty Day where there are no fines, every Thursday! Whew!

Is there a book you absolutely love, but for some reason, people never think it sounds interesting, or maybe they read it and don’t like it at all?

Most people don't seem to really care about the rest of Lucy Maud Montgomery's books. Her Anne of Green Gables is where everyone stops. And yet, her single books are some of my all-time favorites ever...like The Blue Castle and A Tangled Web.

Do you read books while you eat? While you bathe? While you watch movies or TV? While you listen to music? While you’re on the computer? While you’re having sex? While you’re driving?

Nope. I am not the best at multi-tasking ;)

When you were little, did other children tease you about your reading habits?

Oh yes. And my mother used to yell at me because I would read at night by the light from the other room. :-p

What’s the last thing you stayed up half the night reading because it was so good you couldn’t put it down?

Well, I stayed up the ENTIRE night reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Did not go to bed until 8:30 that night. Finished the book at 4:30 in the afternoon, amongst a bunch of very interruptive engagements.

2 comments:

  1. I used to read at night with the light from the hallway closet that my parents left on for us! I'm sure my glasses increased a few prescriptions from that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool, another meme for me to steal when I'm clueless about what to write. :-D

    ReplyDelete