Thursday, July 26, 2007

High School Spirit Meme

From dcrmom.

1. Who was your best friend? My best friends were and still are Heather Bates and Marie Wells, aka Molly. Naturally those are not their last names now! ;)

2. Did you play any sports? Oh now that's funny. (That's a no, in case you weren't sure. And I stoled this answer from dcrmom. hehe)

3. What kind of car did you drive? I drove an old white Cutlas Ciera with maroon interior. It was a pain in the rear. I had to replace the stupid engine in it about 3 times before I finally got rid of the dumb thing the day before Kela was born :-p

4. It’s Friday night. Where were you? Dcrmom said she babysat a lot. So did I!! Up until I got a job at Mickey D's. Then I spent all my time there!

5. Were you a party animal? Dcrmom's answer-"Hahaha. That's right up there with "Did you play any sports?" Um, no. I was quite the Goody-Two-Shoes in high school."

Well DITTO!!!

6. Were you considered a flirt? Ummm.... yeah. Afraid so. I learned it all from Molly ;)

7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir? Well, I wanted to be, but did not have time.

8. Were you a nerd? No, but I admired them. My brother was kind of a nerd and so were his friends, except for he ended up being a big ole brawny football player. Go figure... :-D I was more of an "in between" normal, not goth, not preppy, not scuzzy, kinda girl!!

9. Were you ever suspended or expelled? No. Refer to question #5. Haha, me too :)

10. Can you sing the fight song? Hmmmmm.....

11. Who was your favorite teacher?

12. What was your school mascot? A native american chief.

13. Did you go to the Prom? No. We don't do dances in our family, but we go to an annual banquet that you dress up for similar to the prom. I was asked to go to the prom numerous times, though. starting in 10th grade, I was asked at least 3 or 4 times a year! Now I went to the banquet in 11th grade with Jeremy Joy. I went as a senior with Fred matheny (super ugh, do NOT ask) and then of course I went as a freshman in college with Kevin. I have a really good pic of us. I will try to post it. That was the month before we got married in 1993 :-D

14. If you could go back, would you? No, I don't think so...

15. What do you remember most about graduation? Well, I remember more about Kevin's than my own! Cuz we were getting married two days later! haha

16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day? We had Color Day, not skip day. I was out there getting shaving creamed and wearing my purple and green (our senior colors) outfit that I borrowed from Heather's little sister Kristy. Heather drove us in the parade, but the best part was all the flirting and throwing shaving cream at boys and having them throw it at you, in the horse shoe (parking lot out front of the school). Heather did not get to enjoy it because her boyfriend was a Junior and a PITA!!! (That is Pain in the AHEM, just in case you didnt know ;) )

17. Did you have a job your senior year? Yep. I worked at Mickey D's on Route 50 :)

18. Where did you go most often for lunch? I usually stayed at the cafeteria and ate with Marie ;)

19. Have you gained weight since then? Ah bugger. Of course I have. But only about 35 pounds! haha

20. What did you do after graduation? After the ceremony, Grandma Sams took the whole family to Cracker Barrel, I think.... or was it Shoney's? I think Shoney's was Dan's, and ours was Cracker Barrel, yes. Of course my cousin Johnny had just graduated from South, so I think we ended up waiting a bit on them. (blech!! haha)

21. What year did you graduate? 1992.

22. Who was your Senior Prom Date? Did not go :)

23. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion? Yes, I went! It was interesting, to say the least. It didnt seem like people had grown up in the ten years since we'd graduated. Do they have 15 year ones? If not then I guess I will wait til 2013 to go to another one and see if anyone has grown up YET.

If you do this one, let me know! :)

3 comments:

  1. Half of the answers to these questions would be N/A for me, so I won't bother LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do have a lot in common, don't we!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Im gonna have to do this one. I was the goody twoshoes during class time and party girl on friday nights. I probably would have been a bad influence. I turned many a friend to the dark side. LOL

    ReplyDelete