Monday, June 25, 2007

Restaurant Meme

From Working Momma 24/7 - Jean (can I call you Jeanie ;) JUST KIDDING! Unless you really don't mind... lol)

Here are the rules:
1. Link to name of person that tagged you.
2. Include state and country you live in.
3. List top 5 favorite local restaurants.
4. Tag 5 other people and let them know they’ve been tagged.

Well, I live in Hickville, WV, USA! We have not got a LOT of variety here... all the normal stuff like Taco Bell, Mickey D's, BK, Hardee's, Wendy's and stuff... NONE of which are my favorites ! :-p

I love to eat, ya know... So without further ado:

1. Mountaineer Family Restaurant. 5 minutes down the road from us. Kevin and I went there for many of our first dates :) I actually cook better than they do, but the service is OUT OF SIGHT MAN! Of course, I know all the people who work there, so, you know, I get special treatment! haha And they have AWESOME YUMMY Hot Fudge Cake. Oh yea.

2. Rubi's. Absolutely fabulous local pizza/italian eatery/cafe run by some middle eastern people! They have the best Italian food food ever, especially their grilled or roasted veggies and their HUGE stuffed pizzas YUM

3. Bob Evans. I believe it is a regional chain, but I am pretty sure it is not all over the country, so that's local, right? ;) I always get Turkey and Dressing with Cranberry Relish. It is like Thanksgiving anytime of the year! :)

4. Davinci's. I prefer Olive Garden, and their positively AWESOME Tiramisu, breadsticks, and salad... but since it is not local..... I pick Davinci's for best Italian sit down restaurant. :) they have really yummy salad and garlic bread and Alfredo :)

5. Ryan's. I don't think it is across the country either, but I may be wrong. I love it. It is buffet, and they have the best steak ever. I always get like 5 steaks. Medium Rare. With candied carrots or sweet potatoes. And Grilled or baked salmon. YUMMMMMMMM.

so since I am not sure I will also include:

6. El Ranchero. Delish mexican food. LOVE their burritos! And their chips and salsa is to die for good! :) Some of the people who work there get in the paper regularly because they get arrested for being illegal aliens. But they are the nicest aliens ;) I really like all the people who work there. They really know how to cook!!

I am so happy I can eat again :) We went to DQ last night and got me some ice cream.

I am not able to eat as much as I normally do. But then, I am normally a pig. For real. Who else do you know who can eat 5 steaks plus salmon and veggies? lol

I am going to try and keep the portions under control and try to keep losing weight, though. Use this to my advantage. That is how I did it with weight watchers. :)

I'll tag Cindy, and Carrie , and Sarah :) And any of my ScrapChatty pals who wanna :)

**Marcy did it :)
**Cindy did it :)
**Carrie did it :)

2 comments:

  1. You can call me Jeanie if you want to... I actually went by Jeanie all my childhood/teenage life and then I married my husband and he "renamed" me back to my proper name. So I kinda go both ways if ya know what I mean..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did it - it took longer than I expected 'cause our internet was out all day!

    ReplyDelete