Monday, June 11, 2007

Blogging Meme

This is from Chilihead

* How did you start blogging?

Cindy did. So I did. What can I say, I am a follower ;) Actually, I started it earlier, but never really did much with it til then.

* Did you intend to be a blog w/a following? If so, how did you go about it?

Uhh, no. I think that is too much responsibility, although I surely don't mind getting a little bloggy people love every now and then :) (hint hint wink wink nudge nudge)

* What do you hope to achieve or accomplish with your blog? Have you been successful? If not, do you have a plan to achieve those goals?

I just started it to share my pics with Cindy, really. Well, that and I use it to vent my feelings, or brag on my littl'uns, OF COURSE! :-p

* Has the focus of your blog changed since you started blogging? How?

Nah. Not really.

* What do you know now that you wish you'd known when you started?

That just because no one posts, that doesn't mean no one is reading!

* Do you make money with your blog?

I just now added the Ads by google! A few clickeroos'd be awesome! (Not that I am begging or anything, but would each of you readers mind clicking the living daylights out of that ad?? I would LOVE to be able to buy lunch with my ad money!) ;)

* Does your immediate or extended family know about your blog? If so, do they read it? If not, why?

My immediate family does. Kevin (dh) reads it sometimes. The rest of my family, I can't tell them about this blog! Cuz I talk about them too much! ;) haha j/k! Some of them know about it, but they never read it...they aren't online much really.

I accidentally showed it to a friend the other day and now I am SO WORRIED she will read it and find out how weird I really am.


* What two pieces of advice would you give to a new blogger?

Have fun & post lots!

27 comments:

  1. Very fun! And I'll go clickeroo on your google ads! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here via the blogging carnival. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 kids and you want more, that's impressive. Oh but this is a comment for your blogging meme...
    I'll just go click on a ad...
    Blessings on you and your growing family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny! I will say that a few extended friends now read my blog, and so they know more about me than I think they should! It's weird when they say, "well, I read on your blog that. . . . "

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by. I'm the same way about telling someone I know about the "blaug" and then get all self conscious about it. I'll be back to read more adventures of a mom with 4 girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, your site is a lot of fun, and your pics are adorable! I a really liking this blog story thing. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on mine.

    ~TaunaLen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have completely done the exact same thing as I crept out of blog anonymity--showed the blog to someone else and then fervently prayed that temporary amnesia would strike them for the URL of the blog! So funny--we desire validation but it can be "skeery!"

    Nice to meet another mommy blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed reading your story. And don't be ashamed to beg for clicks...I mean, really? How hard is it to click on something for someone? Going to click on your ad now...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well consider yourself loved by a bloggy people.

    I laughed when I saw the header in your blog because my kids just made a pool of one of our big storage bins too... bulging at the sides they had so much water in there!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Keep up the blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's why my in-laws don't know about my blog. If they did, I'd be in big trouble! LOL!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Kailani
    An Island Life

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just givin ya some attention too :) Loved reading your blog. I had trouble seeing the google ads for some reason...(I use firefox, is that why?)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to be worried people would know how weird I really was...turns out, they already knew!! Just showin' some love here...no need to nudge any longer...but if you could just scratch my shoulder...yeah, right there...ahhhhh....thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clickety-clickety-click!

    BTW, I love the new look! Such cute girlies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just recently, I found out that some people from my church read my blog. Made me want to hide under the pew. No more cursing for me! (Kidding, I don't curse. Out loud.)

    I know what you mean about the anonymity!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier today. I also read your post about your homeschool worries. In reading all these chilihead carnival blogs today, I ran across a network of homeschool blogs called homeschoolblogger.com. You have probably heard of them before, but if not, check it out! A homeschool mommy needs all the support she can get!

    ReplyDelete
  17. loved you answers, and I honestly your answer about what you know now, and wish you knew then was perfect. I couldn't think of one myself, but I agree with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoyed your blogging story. Thanks for sharing it. Thanks so much for visiting my blogging story

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww...so I'm responsible for this blog ?? *blush* I am SO glad I visit every day then :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pay per post or beg for clicks... I've really got to look into these methods of making some $$ off my blog! Hope you get lots of clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi! just wanted to say thanks for the comment! it's so fun to meet people in "blog world!" and you should totally tell people to click on your adds, i would!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have fun and post often is great advice.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for playing! I'm loving meeting new people.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'll click the ads!

    BTW, I have 4 cute kids and wouldn't mind a few more myself, so I love your profile description.

    I like your advice. Short & to to the point. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for stopping by my site! Sometimes I worry about people who know me in real life reading my blog. You show different sides to different people, you know? But oh well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just discovered this exercise and posted my answers today . . . hope your surgery went well, you are feeling 1000% better and have your life back ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  27. "That just because no one posts, that doesn't mean no one is reading!"

    Oh my lands, truer words have not been spoken! I used to feel that no one was visiting, but then I discovered that sitemeter did show visitors. Sometimes people are too busy to talk, but they still want to stay connected.

    ReplyDelete