Thursday, March 22, 2007

Marriage

I got this marriage meme from Carrie at Mommy Brain. I love her blog :) She totally inspires me to get out of my comfort zone so to speak when it comes to reading new books! :) And I like to copy her memes too! LOL


1. Where/How did you meet? We actually met at a picnic after the Sunrise vbs, but we didn't actually "meet" until my cousin Dan (his very good friend) took me to Waverly with him because Dan was going to do a mini sermon, and Dan made me sit with him. Of course he didn't even look my way! LOL

2. How long have you known each other? Ummm... our parents knew each other, but like I said I met him at a picnic, and that was when I was in 11th grade and he was in 10th and he had just moved here from Beckley. I know this because I tried to get my brother to talk to him for me! HA!

3. How long after you met did you start dating? Well, let me see, I went to Waverly with Dan in spring and then all summer I would ask the Kupfners, one of whom was my ex boyfriend, about Kevin all the time. They were friends of his as well. And then he asked me out to a Football game, in September.... SO..... about 3 months-ish :)

4. How long did you date before you were engaged? 4 months!

5. How long was your engagement? 6 months

6. How long have you been married? 14 years coming up!

7. What is your anniversary? June 5th, 1993

8. How many people came to your wedding reception? about 200

9. What kind of cake did you serve? My cake was the best part of my wedding. My Grandma Sams made the wedding cake, and my mom made the side cakes. The wedding cake was three tiered with red roses and hearts on it, and was vanilla. The side cakes matched of course, and were chocolate :)

10. Where was your wedding? At the old Sunrise church building, because that is where Kevin's dad preached.

11. What did you serve for your meal? Oh boy, my mom had a huge bunch of food. Mostly finger foods, like sandwiches, but tons of other stuff. I cannot even remember!

12. How many people were in your wedding party? Umm... My sister was my Maid of Honor, my cousin Laura and Kevin's sister Karen were Bridesmaids, and my cousin Paula was Flower Girl - she was 9 years old :) Then the guys were: My cousin Dan was Best Man (naturally! LOL) my brother Randall and James Kupfner were groomsmen. And my cousin Nathan was ring bearer - he was 11 years old. :)

13. Are you still friends with them all? Oh yes. Although I haven't seen James in a while, he is still our neighbor!

14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? Afterwards when his grandpa came through the receiving line and was getting emotional - Kevin did cry. :)

15. Most special moment of your wedding day? I loved the part: after we said our vows Lisa our soloist (beautiful singer) sang "Whither thou goest, I will go" from the Ruth and Naomi story, while me and Kevin held hands and smiled at each other :) :) :)

16. Any funny moments? Well people made fun of me because I held my dress down when Kevin took off the garter.. but I think that is normal :-p

17. Any big disasters? The whole wedding party's dresses and my hair were all disasters. But I try not to think of them.

18. Where did you go on your honeymoon? We toured WV :) It was fun, but I wish we'd went somewhere sunny.

19. How long were you gone? a week.

20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? The dresses and my hair of course. Or I would have took my mom's money and eloped to Hawaii. They told us to, but we didn't. Oh how I wish we would have! hahaha

21. What side of the bed do you sleep on? left

22. What size is your bed? King now!

23. Greatest strength as a couple? We are really in tune to what we want to do in life (like with raising kids and stuff) Although, we sometimes have very different ideas of how to get there!!!

24. Greatest challenge as a couple? Hmm. We have lots. I would say communication.

25. Who literally pays the bills? Kevin brings home the paycheck, and I do the dirty work. (getting rid of the money) :-p

26. What is your song? I don't know. Maybe "Hillbillies do it in the Hay" HAHA! Just kidding! ;)

27. What did you dance your first dance to? We do not dance.

28. Describe your wedding dress: It was ok. It was made of lace and had sortof this lace collar on it... umm I am not good at this, can you tell? My mil sewed sleeves on it for me. :)

29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? Red roses and baby's breath.

30. Are your wedding bands engraved? No. They were el cheapo's too. :-p

31. How old were you when you got married? I was 19 and Kevin was 18. We only waited because he was still in high school! LOL We got married three days after he graduated! Funny story: When he came out of the stadium from his graduation ceremony, he was looking for me and ran over and hugged me tight and said "Let's get married now!!!" Sweet huh?

:)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the sweet comment about my blog! I enjoyed reading this - boy, you were young!

    ReplyDelete