Saturday, January 27, 2007

On Education

I am posting these articles I found on Mommy Brain. Let me know what you think.

I agree with a lot of it. I do not think of myself as an "elitist." I despise the thought of being considered stuck up or anything near it. Couldn't be further from the truth. But I do know that there are people who can catch on to things right quick, and then there are people who take a lot longer to catch on to things, and there are also people who never do catch on to some things. That, to me, is just a fact of life. One that many people have a tough time dealing with.

I absolutely agree with the articles that a college degree is highly over-rated. Very much so. And I think too many people are pushed into going to college who could not care less about the education part. The partying part, now that will always be the big draw for the majority of young people. And I think parents who do not see that fact are getting PLAYED by their kids.

Anyway here are the articles:

Intelligence in the Classroom
What's Wrong with Vocational School?
Aztecs vs. Greeks

Let me know your "think so's" on this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment