I truly am such a bah humbug. I despise christmas. Most of it.
I don't know how people get so excited over all the christmas stuff: decorating, shopping, cold weather, shopping, finding the right gifts, more shopping, lights. Well. The lights I enjoy, if they are in someone else's yard.....oooorrrr.....if Kevin does them all himself. LOL And the songs. Oh boy. I get SO SICK of them. Mainly because my kids start in July, I think, singing all the christmas songs. And then they come home with their christmas play songs. And for goodness sake I just want to delete the word christmas from their brains already!!
Anyway, to prove to myself I am not entirely a humbug; I am going to list 10 things I do like about the holiday season:
10. Other people's lights: in moderation :-p
9. Baking with the girls. YUM
8. Giving my kids presents. (note I did not say buying them or figuring out what to give...)
7. "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" sung by Judy Garland. (I do enjoy singing this one myself, and I love it when my kids and I sing it together!)
6. How much Kevin and the girls enjoy doing the decorating and their general enjoyment of the season together.
5. I get presents. (ok, so I am kinda greedy! I am big enough to admit it! :p)
4. The FOOD. Turkey dinners with stuffing and cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes and rolls and are my absolute fave. And my Grandma makes candy. Creme Bouquet= to die for delicious.
3. Did I mention baking? Ok well... eating what we've baked together then! :)
2. Giving away what we've baked. (I mean whatever is left after we eat our share, naturally) I love that.
1. The Family. Dude, the best part of christmas is I get to hang out with my dear family. I love love love huge family get-togethers. But especially the christmastime ones. I love going to my Grandma's the best. But I also love getting together with Kevin's family too. We don't get to see Karen and PJ and Ethan enough!
So see there, I am not a TOTAL bah humbug!!