Sunday, December 31, 2006

Ice Skating!

...
This little girl was my skating angel :) As soon as I got on the ice of course I started sliding around waving my arms like crazy. It was a bit obvious that I had only done this once in my life. It was probably quite as obvious that it had been 15 years since I had done it the one time! LOL But this little thing, she came over and grabbed my hand and said, "Let me help you." Her name was Jasmine, and she was very sweet :)


Kevin did a good job too, even though it had been longer for him than me! I think he had a good time. Although the skates definitely were hurting our ankles! You can see the capitol building behind him, it is huge.


I had so much FUN!! I ended up taking my sweater off because I was so hot. It was quite the workout! People kept commenting on my shirt. It says "Buy Me Ice Cream" and is very cute, if I do say so myself ;) We had gone to the mall before we went skating because I wanted some gloves, just in case I did fall. So we got these gloves and this cute hat at the DOLLAR STORE! They were a buck a piece. Pretty cute hat for a buck, isn't it?

This is me in front of one of those pillars at the capitol building. HUGE!



Me and Kevin, aren't we cute?! I think he had as good a time as me. *nodding*

We skated for two hours! It was so much fun, that even though my ankles were killing me, I kept begging to go around one more time :-p Finally I was getting STARVED, so we left.

We went to lunch at a place called Schmidts in the German Village by downtown Columbus. It is a sausage house, and we got the buffet and it was AWESOME. Their desserts were huge, they had these wonderful cream puffs (like the ones you can buy frozen at Sams or Walmart) only they were bigger than a softball! HUGE! And delicious! Kevin got one of those which we shared and then I got a slice of German Chocolate cake which was equally huge. And delicious.

So then we started on our way home, and stopped at Nelsonville at the Rocky Boot company to buy Kevin some new boots.

When we got Home Raechel wouldnt quit hugging me

6 comments:

  1. You're too cute. I'm glad you had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. Looks like both of you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable ! What a great day together :) And that little girl was so sweet for helping you.

    Oh, and I need to have a shirt like yours :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the pics. You two are super cute! Thanks for sharing about your trip. Sounds like it was much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been ice skating, but it looks like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are soo cute! I'm glad you had a nice time! I've not skated since I was 16.. I wonder if I would still remember? and like you it was only the one time.

    ReplyDelete