Saturday, April 23, 2005

I always wonder, or Self-esteem Issues

I always wonder how my kids will act or how they will view themselves as they grow up. A thought struck me today (uncommon, I know ;) ). I was talking to another parent at the awards assembly; where, btw, my kids each got two awards (Kela - perfect attendance and accelerated reader; Cassie - perfect report card, accelerated reader) and she said something about her daughter had no problems with her self esteem. And it was so true. Her daughter always struts her stuff, and is very outgoing and not shy at all. She is just like her mother. And so I was thinking: here I am, with beautiful, sweet daughters, but Kela is already showing signs of low self esteem! What is wrong with that picture?

Well the most outright thought that struck me was...I am the problem!

I am not sure how I can fix it, I hope it isnt too late, but I do not want Kela, or any of my girls, to end up feeling down on themselves like I do so often. In the back of my mind, I know there is nothing wrong with me, but then there is always this little nagging whisper saying, "but how can you be sure that you aren't really an idiot?"

Ugh. What to do, what to do...

1 comment:

  1. In this world, today, its so hard to keep the girls from feeling bad about themselves. Tell her how beautiful she is daily! Its the truth and it will do her so much good to hear it!

    ReplyDelete